Lots of individuals with a disability have the capacity to live independently within the community with the right supports in place. Karden Disability Support Foundation (Karden) through the Picket Fences program enables individuals with disability to make choices about where and how they will live.
Picket Fences offers individuals the opportunity to live independently with customised support within their local community.
The program also offers opportunities for individuals with disability to share houses and supports with others with similar interests and support needs. Picket Fences can introduce people with similar interests and support needs to other people with disability who are actively seeking community based accommodation.
Karden believes that each person has the right to have a support service that suits their individual needs. Karden Disability Support Foundation is a western Victorian not for profit organisation with Offices in Ballarat and Bendigo. We specialise in providing truly customised support for people with disabilities and their families living in the community.
Individualised Support can provide individuals with disability with a range of supports depending on their individual needs and circumstances. These may include things like:
- Assistance to maintain and develop skills to become more independent and live independently. For example, shopping, budgeting, cooking, household tasks, paying bills, using public transport, solving problems, etc.
- Support to pursue educational and employment opportunities.
- Support with personal care needs. For example bathing, dressing, etc.
- Support to go out in the community, For example going to the local gym, banks, shops, going to the footy, etc.
- Assistance to maintain and develop friendships and social networks in the local community.
- Assistance to go to appointments such as to the doctors, dentists, community health services, etc.
Individuals registered with Picket Fences will have the opportunity to meet other people registered with Picket Fences by means of social group meetings or an introduction meeting arranged by the program coordinator.
Picket Fences can also connect participants with other local agencies to provide any other supports that you may require. Alternatively they may choose to maintain connections with their current support agency.
If you are seeking more information about the Picket Fences program contact KDSF on
Ph: 5331 7924 and ask to speak with one of our friendly staff.
To register your interest in Picket fences contact us or complete the registration form in the information pack (see below):
Email to email@example.com or mail to PO Box 40N Ballarat North, 3350
Files and forms associated with this service (coming soon)